Purella Raw Cocoa Powder BIO (40g)
The history of cocoa goes back to the Mayan civilization, i.e. the ancient inhabitants of Central America. This food appeared in Europe thanks to the Spanish conquistadors in the 16th century. Raw cocoa powder is obtained by crushing cocoa beans and removing cocoa butter from them. The finished product is mainly used for the production of chocolate. Country of origin (see batch number): Peru (code A), Sierra Leone (code B).
This aromatic, distinctive and bitter-tasting cocoa powder is a source of magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. Raw organic cocoa powder has a high dietary fiber content.
- Powdered cocoa is a source of magnesium which helps in maintaining normal psychological functions and iron which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Raw cocoa powder does not contain sugar.
- Powdered cocoa beans are a source of calcium and riboflavin (vitamin B2), which contribute to maintaining proper energy metabolism. In addition, they contain a significant amount of potassium, which helps in the proper functioning of the nervous system and muscles. The product contains a high content of dietary fiber.
- Raw cocoa powder contains flavonoids (compounds from the polyphenol group) that have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties. Flavonoids protect i.a. cardiovascular system by strengthening capillary walls, preventing the multiplication of viruses and helping to prevent diseases of the old age. Procyadinins (compounds from the polyphenol group) contained in raw cocoa protect cells against free radicals, reduce the risk of ischemic heart disease, protect against cancer and prevent bacteria from adhering to the epithelium of the urinary tract and gastric mucosa.
- Powder from ground cocoa beans is not only a strong antioxidant and killer of free radicals. It is also a superfood that lowers blood pressure, stimulates the central nervous system and improves cognitive functions. Theobromine contained in cocoa increases the secretion of neurotransmitters (serotonin, adrenaline and norepinephrine) responsible for a good mood and reducing fatigue. This substance, structurally similar to caffeine, has an antihistamine effect and helps fight asthma symptoms, including a fatiguing cough. The naturally occurring in cocoa, theophylline (used in anti-asthma medications) widens the lungs, relaxes the airways and reduces inflammation.
- Raw cocoa powder is a rich source of antioxidants, but also vital minerals such as zinc, iron and magnesium. Cocoa has more iron (13.86 mg in 100 g of cocoa) than the same serving of beef, and more zinc (6.81 mg / 100 g) than most vegetables and beans. As a component of hemoglobin (a protein that supplies oxygen to the body), iron is responsible for, inter alia, for immunity, reduces fatigue and prevents anemia. The element also influences cholesterol metabolism and helps cleanse the liver of harmful substances. It is also responsible for the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- The zinc contained in cocoa works on many levels and is necessary for the proper functioning of the body. The element helps, among others alleviate the symptoms of autoimmune diseases, supports the immune system in the fight against infections, stimulates the pancreas and participates in the transformation of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Directions for use:
Raw cocoa is a perfect addition to fruit smoothies, mousses, desserts and pastries. It can be used to prepare drinking cocoa (although heat treatment may deprive it of some valuable ingredients). The product is suitable for vegans and is naturally gluten-free.
The recommended daily intake is 5 g.
Cocoa consumed in excess can cause constipation.
Store in a dry, cool place. Protect from light.
Inci: 100% Raw Cocoa Beans Powdered bio