Four Starlings Serum/Oil for Medium Porosity Hair (30ml)
Porosity is the degree to which the cuticles are open.
- Hair in good condition with close-fitting cuticles is LOW POROSITY.
- Hair with a slightly raised cuticle is MEDIUM POROSITY hair.
- Hair that is very damaged and stressed, with strongly protruding cuticles, is HIGH POROSITY.
Oils have different particles and hair has differently raised cuticles. The oils and scales must come together so that they fit together. Some oils are suitable for low porosity hair (those with small particles), others for medium porosity (medium oil particles), others for high porosity (large oil particles). Therefore, the oil should be matched to the degree of hair porosity. Otherwise, we will do them more harm than good: either we overburden the hair or we don't puff it up.
How to check hair porosity?
It is enough to put the hair in a glass of water and wait about 5 minutes. The more it sinks, the more porous the hair is. If it falls completely to the bottom, it means that its scales are very parted and it is absorbing water quickly. It is therefore highly porous. Medium porosity hair dives about halfway, and low porosity hair floats on the surface or only submerges slightly (closed cuticles do not allow them to soak up water quickly).
What does hair oiling give you?
The benefits of hair oiling include: regeneration and strengthening, in-depth hydration and nourishment, softness and shine, easier combing, protection against harmful external factors and mechanical damage, protection of hair against protein loss.
Active ingredients and their action:
- Sweet almond oil delicately oils the hair and creates an occlusive, microscopic layer on its surface, which protects the strands from damage, toxins from the air and the destructive effects of external factors (frost, wind, harsh sun).
- Macadamia oil if we are looking for a natural way to moisturize, strengthen and regenerate hair, macadamia oil is the perfect solution. It absorbs immediately and is well tolerated. The combination of palmitic acid and oleic acid makes it similar to human sebum. Thanks to this, it can control the work of sebaceous glands and prevent excessive sebum production. Macadamia oil works well on the hair because it stimulates microcirculation in the skin, protects against the harmful effects of the sun, soothes irritations and regenerates minor damage to the hair structure. It also enriches them with valuable vitamins and minerals that they lack. Used regularly, it protects the hair against moisture loss, improves its elasticity and ensures regeneration.
- Apricot kernel oil is responsible for stimulating growth, improving their structure and making them strong, shiny and soft.
- Peanut oil supports the fight against dandruff, and thanks to the content of vitamins and minerals, it nourishes the hair and supports its regeneration.
- Unrefined sesame oil cares for the proper level of hydration, provides the hair with a healthy shine and deep nourishment.
- Goji berries macerate It has a beneficial effect on dry, damaged hair caused by frequent hair coloring treatments or the use of a dryer. Regenerates, strengthens and provides the skin with active substances.
Directions for use:
1. Spread a few drops of the oil with your hands over the entire length of dry or wet hair and massage into the scalp. Leave the serum on your hair for at least 1-3 hours or overnight if you wash your head in the morning. Then wash your hair as usual. We use this treatment every second wash 1-2 times a week.
Note: A few drops of serum are really enough. You should not use it too much, it will not accelerate the regeneration of the hair and, on the contrary, it will overburden it and make it greasy.
The first effects will be visible after the first use. Hair will be smoother, softer to the touch and shiny. However, we recommend using it regularly for 2-3 months, which is the time when the serum will fully regenerate our hair.
Porosity may change during the treatment, which is a very good symptom. eg High porosity hair will change to medium porosity. Then the appropriate serum should be applied.
2. After washing the head, a small amount of the product can be applied to the wet ends of the hair and let the hair dry.
Inci: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Hellianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood Oil, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Limonene*, Citral*
* ingredients of natural essential oils