Four Starlings Serum/Oil for Low Porosity Hair (30ml)
Porosity is the degree to which the cuticles are open.
- Hair in good condition with close-fitting cuticles is LOW POROSITY.
- Hair with a slightly raised cuticle is MEDIUM POROSITY hair.
- Hair that is very damaged and stressed, with strongly protruding cuticles, is HIGH POROSITY.
Oils have different particles and hair has differently raised cuticles. The oils and scales must come together so that they fit together. Some oils are suitable for low porosity hair (those with small particles), others for medium porosity (medium oil particles), others for high porosity (large oil particles). Therefore, the oil should be matched to the degree of hair porosity. Otherwise, we will do them more harm than good: either we overburden the hair or we don't puff it up.
How to check hair porosity?
It is enough to put the hair in a glass of water and wait about 5 minutes. The more it sinks, the more porous the hair is. If it falls completely to the bottom, it means that its scales are very parted and it is absorbing water quickly. It is therefore highly porous. Medium porosity hair dives about halfway, and low porosity hair floats on the surface or only submerges slightly (closed cuticles do not allow them to soak up water quickly).
What does hair oiling give you?
The benefits of hair oiling include: regeneration and strengthening, in-depth hydration and nourishment, softness and shine, easier combing, protection against harmful external factors and mechanical damage, protection of hair against protein loss.
Active ingredients and their action:
- Coconut oil moisturizes and strengthens them, reduces scalp itching, dandruff, soothes inflammation.
- Avocado oil is rich in as many as seven vitamins that help to improve the condition, regenerate and moisturize the hair.
- Argan oil protects hair against thermal and mechanical damage. It has antioxidant properties, ensuring hair vitality.
- Baobab oil penetrating the cuticles of the hair smoothes their structure and protects not only against drying, but also strengthens and protects against mechanical damage as well as high and low temperatures.
- Corn oil helps to deal with numerous skin diseases, such as dandruff or psoriasis. Perfectly moisturizes dry scalp and hair, and also regenerates split ends. It soothes irritations caused by harmful weather conditions, pollution from the external environment or improper care and frequent hairdressing treatments. Corn oil improves blood circulation in the skin cells, strengthens the hair follicles and prevents premature aging processes. It prevents hair loss and the excessive secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands.
- The horsetail macerate thanks to the high content of silicon, it reduces hair loss, dandruff and prevents excessive greasing. It strengthens the bulbs and smoothes the hair, giving it a healthy shine.
Directions for use:
1. Spread a few drops of the oil with your hands over the entire length of dry or wet hair and massage into the scalp. Leave the serum on your hair for at least 1-3 hours or overnight if you wash your head in the morning. Then wash your hair as usual. We use this treatment every second wash 1-2 times a week.
Note: A few drops of serum are really enough. You should not use it too much, it will not accelerate the regeneration of the hair and, on the contrary, it will overburden it and make it greasy.
The first effects will be visible after the first use. Hair will be smoother, softer to the touch and shiny. However, we recommend using it regularly for 2-3 months, which is the time when the serum will fully regenerate our hair.
Porosity may change during the treatment, which is a very good symptom. eg High porosity hair will change to medium porosity. Then the appropriate serum should be applied.
2. After washing the head, a small amount of the product can be applied to the wet ends of the hair and let the hair dry.
Inci: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Vanilla Plantifolia Fruit Oil, Limonene*, Citral*, Linalool*
* ingredient of natural essential oils
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.